I hope you are safe and healthy. I’m reopening on Monday, May 11th, and I look forward to working with those of you who feel comfortable coming in! We all need to carefully consider our own personal situations and make difficult choices to protect our health at this time. I will do my absolute best to make massage as safe and beneficial for you as possible. Please know that I’m available to talk with you about any concerns you might have. If you determine that the risks outweigh the benefits for you, please cancel your appointment as soon as possible.
Our continued well-being is my highest priority, so I’ve consulted several sources – including the Colorado Department of Regulations (DORA) and professional massage therapy associations – to develop the following protocol for us to work as safely as possible together. Thank you for your patience and attention as we continue to gain knowledge of the virus and evolve our practices as needed.
- Wearing a mask at all times
- Providing disinfectant wipes that are effective against 99.9% of viruses and bacteria for you to use on any surface you feel necessary
- Providing hand sanitizer containing a minimum of 60% alcohol for topical use
- Offering to take your temperature with a contact-free thermometer
- Cleaning the massage table/headrest, door knobs, chair and hard surfaces with a bleach-based solution before your massage
- Working with fewer clients each day
1. If any of the following apply to you, please cancel your appointment with as much notice as possible. (I will waive the 24 hour cancellation fee for any of these reasons.)
- You are not feeling well
- You have had a fever of 100 degrees or higher in the last 24 hours
- You have (or have had within the last 14 days) any flu symptoms, a sore throat or any respiratory issues, such as a persistent cough or shortness of breath
- You have been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has had coronavirus type symptoms
2. Please bring a mask to wear during the entire session. If you do not have one, I will provide you with a disposable mask.
3. Please come with a clean body and wash your hands again before entering the massage room. I will do the same.
Please note that while these precautions will make my massage practice safer for both of us, there is no 100% risk free environment in which to work together at this time.